Sunday Morning Op Shop Find: Seduction Of The Innocent


Since I first heard about this book I've wanted one, but each time I bid on a copy on auction sites, or enquired on book sites, I missed out.  I had resigned myself to the fate of only having an electronic copy, never a physical one.

Imagine my shock and horror when I walked into an Op Shop (or charity shop for you overseas folks) and found this edition mixed in with some old books, priced at a whopping $4.00.  I picked it up and opened it, yes, it was there.  The British edition, missing the bibliography, but with the introduction by Randolph Churchill, son of Sir Winston.

As I held it in my hands my first urge was to run as fast as I could out the store, never to return.  I quickly came to my senses, handed over a $5.00 note and told them to keep the change.  I left, so very happy to finally have this in the collection.  I know that the work has been largely discredited, mainly by my excellent friend Dr Carol Tilley, but that doesn't lessen the thrill of the find.

You see, it's worth the effort, poking about in dusty stores looking for treasures, because they are out there.  Keep looking, I know I will.


Comments

Previous Posts!

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

New York Scam: A Serious Warning For All Travellers

MARVEL COMICS DEMANDS $17,000 from BROKE CREATOR of GHOST RIDER! The Shame Of Marvel...Part II

Yogi Bear's Sexuality Explained